Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekly Savings

It was a quiet week here.  I stuck to my grocery budget even though it required me putting back a couple of items.  These were not necessities - just extras. 


I used an Extra Buck at CVS to get some discounted wrapping paper.  This was on my list to buy if I found a good deal.  With the EB I only paid $1 for two large rolls. 


I decided not to place an order at Joann's.  Not spending money is the easiest way to save money.  I will wait to decide if I really want to order the things I put in my cart.


We ate all of our meals at home.  Normally while out running errands we pick up something to eat.  This past week I planned an easy meal to cook at home.  I had dinner done in about 20 minutes. 


I got creative with gift wrapping for a wedding shower gift. I helped provide some food for the shower.  I cooked from scratch so it was well within my budget.  I have a post on both of these later this week.


I read some free books on my Kindle and downloaded several.  I also purchased a Kindle version of a book on my book wish list for a deeply discounted price.  The book is about growing fruit.  Since I am planning to add more fruit trees to our property, this was a great purchase.


Our new Roku allows us to watch YouTube videos on the television.  We have each enjoyed using this new feature.  It is much nicer to watch things on such a large screen.  I am looking forward to using it to watch craft tutorials.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Dawn, I like watching YouTube on our TV too. I might watch news or a foot ball game, but any other time that I am picking something to watch, I watch YouTube,

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a very frugal week.

Tammy said...

We watch YouTube on the television through our Blu Ray player. The boys like to watch videos of themselves I have uploaded, and I like the craft and cooking ones. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure!

terricheney said...

That would be a bonus to Roku I should think, watching YouTube on television. There are so many videos of interest on YouTube!