Saturday, January 9, 2016

Book Review: Death Crashes the Party

Death Crashes the Party by Vicki Fee is Book 1 in the Liv and Di in Dixie Mystery Series.  Liv McKay is a party planner in the very southern town of Dixie, Tennessee.  While with her high maintenance clients, two bodies turn up.  As any small town southerner knows, life is rarely as calm and quiet as it appears on the outside.  Liv and her friend, Di, are caught up in a murder mystery that also includes drug smugglers and a variety of colorful southern characters.

The plot was fast paced with enough twists and turns to keep me guessing until the end.  I enjoyed the characters as well as the setting for the book.  At the end, readers are given tips for hosting their own Moonshine and Magnolias party.  The preview of the next book in the series left me wanting more of Liv and Di.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: