Saturday, January 23, 2016

Weekend Book Review: No Cats Allowed

No Cats Allowed by Miranda James is one of my favorite cozy mysteries that I have read recently.  I was introduced to Maine Coon Diesel and his owner Charlie Harris.  The story opens with a new library directory who seems to be more interested in making enemies than friends.  When he ends up murdered, the suspect list is endless.

Each chapter was like a mini-cliffhanger.  I simply could not put the book down.  I wanted to read just one more chapter to see what would happen next.  That only led me to need to read "just one more" until I finished the book.

While this is book seven in the Cat in the Stacks series, it easily stands on its own.  This book alone makes me want to read the rest of the series featuring Diesel and Charlie.  I would give it more than five stars if I could!  No Cats Allowed is due to be released next month.  If you are a cozy mystery fan, it should definitely be on your reading list.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: