Sunday, August 7, 2016

Weekend Book Review: The Bluebonnet Betrayal

The Bluebonnet Betrayal by Marty Wingate is the second book in the Potting Shed Mystery series that I have read.  This is book five in the series though.  Pru is asked to step in briefly and oversee an exhibit at the Chelsea Flower Show until the gardening club responsible arrives from Texas.  Pru ends up with a permanent position when the real leader Twyla Woodford ends up dead.  Pru enlists her husband to go undercover and help her solve the mystery of Twyla's death.

I was afraid that I was not going to love this book as much as the last since the setting was in London rather than Pru's hometown.  A few chapters into the book I had a new cast of characters to love.  The flower show setting with gardening again as a main theme gave me another book in the series to love. I continue to enjoy Ms Wingate's writing style.  I am looking forward to the next book in this wonderful series!

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: