Saturday, August 27, 2016

Weekend Book Review: In the Mood for Quick Family Food

Jo Pratt's latest book is In the Mood for Quick Family Food.   I have mixed feelings about this cookbook.  I marked several recipes I thought we would enjoy.  I always prefer to try out a recipe if I have time.  Being that I am currently very short on time, the "quick family food" part was definitely a positive.  I chose the recipe for Very Special Fried Rice.  I realize that fried rice is easy enough to make without a recipe.  I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand and just enough time to cook.  W was happy with how it turned out.  He specifically mentioned that including some pineapple was a nice touch.


The positive is that the recipes for the most part are quick to make with minimal processed foods.  The negative is that many of the recipes will probably not go over well with children.  I think that perhaps British children are more open to eating more foods.  The children I know are much too picky to eat dishes such as One-pan Hot-smoked Salmon Biryani or Pea and Tuna Fishcakes with Caper and Lemon Mayonnaise.

If you have adventurous eaters in your home the negative may not be a factor.  Then by all means give this cookbook a try.  I do recommend looking over the recipe index first.  The quick recipes may win if your family is not picky.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: