Saturday, August 13, 2016

Weekend Book Review: The Last Days of Night

When I first started The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore, I wondered why I had chosen to read it.  By the third chapter, I was hooked.  The book is fiction but is based on factual events surrounding the outset of electricity in the US.  It mixes legal issues with science and just a dash of romance.


Mr. Moore does an excellent job of weaving fiction into the true story of Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, and Nikola Tesla.  Lawyer Paul Cravath and singer Agnes Huntington are wonderful supporting characters.  The Last Days of Night is a wonderful historical novel.  I especially enjoyed the author's notes at the end explaining the factual points woven into the story. I loved the book!  It is one of my favorites from this month.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: