Monday, February 13, 2017

2017 Goals Week 7

1.  Completely Finish the New House
Nothing going on with the new house although I continue to work in the yard.  I am crossing my fingers that the old house will soon be moved.  The first potential owner fell through, but I met with someone else who is interested in moving it.

2.  Plan ahead for Birthday and Holiday Gifts
I received an unexpected baby shower invitation this past week.  Fortunately I have a crocheted baby blanket in my gift tote, and I will be keeping my eye out for a diaper deal.  This week I need to order a book for a birthday gift too.

3.  Use the Garden to be More Self-Sufficient
I am starting to see the first signs of seeds sprouting in the peat pellets.  The wheat seeds did not sprout at all - most likely due to age.  I will feed those to the chickens.  We bought a bag of mixed seeds (wheat, rye, and oats) to sprout.  After just two days those have started to sprout.  I also harvested nettle and dried it in the dehydrator.  That is one less thing that I need to buy.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I did two lessons in the gardening class.  Now I have added garden decorations to my "yard sale want" list.  The section on artful touches was very inspiring.  This entire class has me thinking of my garden in new ways.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I crocheted a few more wash cloths this week.  I was also very excited to get a thank you note via email from the mother of a little girl who received a box I had packed.  It was my first reply ever.  My plan for this week is to divide the stickers and put the bracelets I have into the pretty bags I ordered.

6.  Boost Savings
We were able to put a big chunk of money toward the credit card debt this past week.  I love watching that number drop!

No comments: