Sunday, February 26, 2017

Weekend Book Review: Harvest

Harvest by Stefani Bittner & Alethea Harampolis is a wonderful blend of a garden book, a cookbook, and a crafting book.  Forty-seven plants are featured.  Along with growing information, each plant has a corresponding project.  These range from flower arrangements to beauty products to recipes.  Some plants and uses were familiar to me, but many were new.  I would have loved the book for the growing and harvest information alone. 





The plant and project photographs are stunning and add to the enjoyment of the book.  Harvest would be a perfect gift for the gardener in your life especially one who prefers growing plants that are a bit unusual.  A word of caution:  reading this book may cause you to start searching the internet for where to buy Australian finger lime or pineapple guava plants.  My husband and I have chosen those as well as bay laurel and artichoke to add to our property.  I was pleased to find plants such as bee balm, thyme, pomegranate, and borage that already grow in my garden.  As a bonus the projects are elegantly simple enough for anyone to do leaving you plenty of time to work in the garden!

disclosure:  I received this book from Blogging for Books but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!


No comments: