Thursday, February 9, 2017

52 New Recipes Week 5: Peach Jalapeno Jam

I like to look at the specialty products in the grocery store.  Then I come home and figure out how to make them myself.  One of item that recently caught my eye was peach jalapeno jam.  Before the freezing weather here, I picked the last of the jalapeno peppers and stored them in the refrigerator.  I already had peaches prepped for jam in the freezer. 


I prefer low sugar jam as it lets the flavor of the fruit shine.  I used this recipe from Pomona pectin.  My only change next time will be to leave add in some of the seeds from at least one of the jalapeno peppers.  I wanted more heat.  Otherwise it was a delicious jam, and one I will make again.




I ate it on an English muffin with a bit of cream cheese.  I think the strawberry-jalapeno jam will be good also. 

No comments: