Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weekend Book Review: Succulents

Robin Stockwell's Succulents provides a wealth of information on this easy to grow variety of plants.  The beginning of the book is focused on succulents planted in the yard.  The pictures are lovely, but for my yard it is was not as all helpful.  Further into the book are examples of DIY projects using succulents.  This is a bit more helpful but still left a little to be desired for me.

The best parts of the book are the last two sections:  My Favorite Plants and Planting and Care.  The first includes a very comprehensive list of succulents.  It includes types of succulents and the varieties for each type.  This is wonderful for choosing exactly what succulents you want.  The final section provides all of the information you need to properly plant and maintain your succulents.  

While the first half of the book might be lacking, the second half more than makes up for it.  This book is great for beginners and seasoned succulent growers.  I would have it in my home library for a reference guide if nothing else.  If you are a fan of succulents, this book is definitely worth checking out!

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: