Monday, October 2, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 40

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
This past week some extra items popped up that had nothing to do with this goal. We did router out the boards needed to finish most of the molding.  It made a mess on the back deck that was quickly swept away. 


We need to pick up one more board and get our previously purchased on sale can of paint tinted.  My plan for this week is to paint the molding so W can start putting it up.  I wanted to burn one pile of leaves/limbs, but this week is forecasted to be windy so that is out.

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I ordered the supplies needed for my handmade friend gifts.  Since several of my friends read this blog, I will not be sharing any more details about that.  Everything should be here by the end of the week so I can get started on those. While W has a lighter schedule, I want to work on the personalized cups for the youth I work with at church.

3. Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I need to order the seeds for W's hydroponic system.  He wants to try bok choy and butter crunch lettuce.  I need to weed the garden and clear out a spot to plant some mustard and turnips for the chickens.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I need to watch the opera cake lesson this week and make the cake toward the end of the week.  Then I will move on to a new class.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I have to spend a day this week setting up everything to pack the 25 boxes for the 2-4 age group with the youth group.  If it goes well, we will pack the remaining boxes and be ready ahead of the collection date.

6. Boost Savings
I shopped sales this past week or skipped purchases all together.  I earned a $25 gift card from Swagbucks which I will use for a flower pot I want for the porch.  This month's goal is to focus on saving for the new fencing.  W wants to get it done before cold weather sets in.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

I hope you did well with your goals this week. Mine seemed to get thrown off but I got a few things done, so I'm pleased enough with that.

The cake tutorials you've been doing, where do you find those? Now that I have a better data plan I'd like to look into doing such classes, or some classes from online.