Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

I thought today would be the perfect day to introduce my new pet.


Meet Agatha.  She is a juvenile stripe knee tarantula.  It took me over a month to get her.  I had no idea that tarantulas were so popular.  She will eventually grow to be about 8 inches.  She is quite laid back and is happy with her diet of a daily cricket.

In the people world of Halloween, I spent all day yesterday making decorated sugar cookies to pass out to trick or treaters.  Since we live out in the country, we only get families that we know well stopping by. Otherwise I would not give out handmade treats.  W helped out with decorating when he got home from work.





This is only my second time working with royal icing.  I am gradually getting better.  I do not think the children will care too much about how they look though.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Really festive looking cookies! I’m sure your visitors loved them,