Monday, October 16, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Weeks 41& 42

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
The first week I did not get any painting done due to the rain and general damp weather.  This past week I painted all of the molding/trim.  If all goes well, we can get some of it put up this week.  W also got a good start on refinishing the yard sale chair he bought in March.  I am quite impressed with how well he is doing.


We did finish setting up the area for my new pet.  When we bought our big aquarium we also got a smaller corner aquarium.  I am still waiting on the new pet to arrive though. 

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I knocked one birthday gift and two holiday gifts off my list this week.  The two oldest girls on my side of the family are turning into readers.  Yeah!  I ordered one a Junie B Jones book set for her birthday.  For Christmas both girls are getting books from the series.  I came in under budget on both. 

I still need to order two more birthday gifts for this year, but then I can focus on the holidays.  One of the items for my handmade friend gifts did not work out so I ordered a replacement and am waiting on it to arrive.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I feel in between seasons right now.  The days are getting shorter so it is definitely not summer, but it is much too hot to be autumn.  Water from the hose is just not helping my plants so I am hoping for some rain.  Later this week I want to pull some weeds and plant some more greens for the chickens.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I decided that while the opera cake is doable I simply have too much going on.  I am going to do it later and take a simpler class.  I need to make a confession first.  I am southern, and I cannot make biscuits.  Well, I cannot make typical southern biscuits.  My mom makes thin biscuits - basically two crusts - since my dad calls normal biscuits cat heads.  W on the other hand likes typical southern biscuits.  I am determined to learn and started a new class:  Tea Breads:  Biscuits, Scones & More.  The first lesson was biscuits!  I think they look pretty good.  I still need some practice.


I may skip around in this class and do the pound cake before the scone lesson.  It depends on how the week goes.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I decided to get the youth at church to help me pack the boxes this year.  We have finished 50 so far.  I do need to go behind them and rearrange things and probably add some filler items.  For the most part they are doing a great job.  We are on track to finish up by the end of this month.

6.  Boost Savings
I added some extra money to add to our fence fund.  Our electric bill was lower than budget so that extra money can go toward some house expenses. I am keeping with the goal of having the fence projected funded by the end of November.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

I forced myself to try biscuit recipes until I found the one that worked for me. I hated making biscuits until I found the recipe I now use, lol. Mine were always so ugly and warty looking.

I think your biscuits look awesome, very light and flaky. I hope Warren enjoyed them.