Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crafting Bug - Part 3

Hmmm....Is anyone getting the idea that I have spent way too much time crafting recently?  I promise I have done some housework and cooked for my husband.  I just took some time for myself.

One thing I have wanted to do for years was learn how to crochet.  Warren tried to teach me, but he was not the most patient teacher.  I looked at books but could not get the hang of it.  Earlier this month I decided to check out YouTube.  After watching a few videos I decided that this one from AllFreeCrochet and Naztazia was the most helpful.  My first two attempts were sad, but then I started to get the hang of it.  The last three dish rags look more like they should.



I think it looks like it should anyway.  I welcome any input.  I am still working with the single crochet stitch.  I want to do a few more dishrags before watching the second video and learning more stitches.  I know it will take much more practice.  This is the best I have ever done though.  It feels good to progress from just wishing I could do something to actually doing it.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

nice work.
I know how to do basic crochet stitches but nothing fancy. My mom however is the queen of crochet.

I have been spending too much time reading blogs instead of crafting - need to switch that around. I am just worn out after my days with the grandbabies :)

Helena said...

well done!! really cute. also love the cards that you made.