Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Freezer Cooking - French Bread Pizzas

I decided to combine my menu and shopping trip into one post for Thursday.  Today I am sharing some homemade freezer cooking.  Convenience foods are great except for the preservatives and expense.  I am not one to refuse them completely.  If I can make my own, I will gladly do so. 

I had a small loaf of homemade French bread and needed to use it up.  I decided to make French bread pizzas.  I sliced the bread in half and then in smaller pieces.  I mixed up my own sauce to spread on top.  Next I chopped up turkey pepperoni.  In the fridge I had mushrooms and bell pepper which I chopped and added.


Then I topped each one with mozzarella cheese and put them into the freezer.


Once frozen I wrapped each individually.  They bake in a toaster oven for 15-20 minutes. 

No comments: