Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Menu Plan

Two weeks in a row of menu plans.  That must be a record for me.  I am going with a more laid back plan this week and will list meals but not days.  Some meals are carryovers from last week since the chicken was stretched into three meals and we also had other leftovers.

From Last Week
Beef Stew & French Bread
Cubed steak, Mashed Potatoes, & Peas
Pizza & Salad
Chimichangas

Workday Meals
Chicken Sandwiches
French Bread Pizza (homemade)
Tuna or Deli Meat Sandwiches

New This Week
Hamburgers & French Fries:  I have homemade buns in the freezer.  I have frozen french fries to serve with them.  I should be able to harvest some lettuce from the greenhouse and one of the tomatoes from the garden might last until then.

Brunswick Stew:  Each winter I make a big pot of Brunswick stew and freeze in meal size portions.  I am a bit behind schedule in getting it made, but this is the week I plan to get it done.  It is an all day process so this will be our meal at the end of cooking day.

Ham, Brown Rice & Tomato Gravy, & Peas:  I have cooked rice in the freezer.  I will use home canned tomatoes  and peas from the freezer to round out the meal.  My only purchase for this meal will be a ham steak.  I will freeze half to use for a later meal.

Waffles & Turkey Bacon with Fresh Fruit:  I have plenty of waffle mix on hand and turkey bacon in the freezer.  I will make a small fruit salad with whatever fruit is in the fridge.

No comments: