Thursday, January 19, 2012

Menu Plan and Grocery Spending

First up the menu plan...again this will be a mix of meals that we did not eat last week and a few new ones.

Workday Meals
I have deli meat as well as several homemade frozen options that can be prepared quickly.  These include the French bread pizza mentioned yesterday as well as homemade pocket sandwiches.

Non-Workday Meals
Brunswick Stew
Cubed Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Butterbeans
Chimichangas
Waffles, Turkey Bacon, and Fruit
Crab Egg Salad Sandwiches
Leftovers - This may be a clean out the refrigerator type meal.

Now for the spending...I started off with $60 to last me two weeks.  One dollar of it was in quarters which went into my paper for coupons money jar.  That left me $59 and a bit of change in my wallet. 

First stop was Harvey's.  I have pictures this week!!
The cheese and sugar were stock up items due to the sales.  The goldfish were a good bargain for the snack cabinet.  I needed the ketchup for the as yet unmade Brunswick stew.  Sour cream and bacon bits rounded out my purchases.  I spent $21.95 on these items.

Second stock was Save-a-Lot. 
The milk is for yogurt making later this week.  The chips are for snacking and along with sandwiches.  I decided to stock up on butter since I was down to my last pound. Tortillas are for chimichangas.  The mac and cheese was an impulse purchase because I was hungry.  It was lunch along with a salad when I arrived home.  My total here was $16.19

I have $21 left for next week.  I should be able to stick to it unless there are some great sales. 

No comments: