Thursday, January 12, 2012

Grocery Spending

I did a big shop with week with the husband along to help out.  I needed to pick up church supplies so I needed a second person to push a shopping cart.  He added a few things to our cart that I would not have bought.  Still the damage was not too bad and the overage can be spread out over the next two week.  Also I had not done a Big Shop since the week before Thanksgiving.  

Harvey's  - $17.68
Pickles (B1G1)
Mayonnaise (B1G1)
Toilet paper

CVS - $2.24
Washcloths (Operation Christmas Child)
Chips (DH's impulse purchase)
Bath pouf/sponge

Wal-Mart - $100.53
I will not list everything here.  A good potion was items for Warren's lunches at work.  For future meals I bought canned crab, tuna, and frozen shrimp poppers.  I had coupons for some items that needed to be used.  Those included herbal tea, coffee creamer, and chocolate milk powder.  I should be able to wait six weeks before my next big shop. 

I went about $40 over budget this week.  I will spread that out over the next two weeks.  Sometimes the budget requires some juggling.  As long as it works out in the end, then I am happy.

No comments: