Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weekly Spending, but No Menu

I do not have exact numbers for my spending, but I know that I have $10 of my grocery money remaining.  The change went into my Sunday newspaper fund.  I spent about $5 at Dollar General on a scrub brush and foaming bathroom cleaner after watching a few episodes of Hoarders. (It makes me want to clean.)  I spent another $5 on bananas and a Healthy Choice frozen dinner.  I will take the $10 that I had left and put it toward my garden seed bill.

I confess that I have made no menu this week.  I know that today we will be having hamburgers and either chips or fries.  We have plenty of food on hand and I want to focus on using up what we have.  Honestly I have not really been hungry, and I find it hard to plan what to eat when I am not interested in eating much. 

This past weekend I was bitten by something.  Thankfully I was able to call my (wonderful) doctor at home Sunday morning, and he called in a prescription for antibiotics.  This is improved over Saturday when my entire foot and ankle were swelled.  I sure wish I knew what bit me so I could avoid it in the future though.  Thankfully the area is improving daily, and the doctor said it should be gone by next weekend. 

No comments: