Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Better Late than Never - January Daring Bakers

Audax Artifex was our January 2012 Daring Bakers’ host. Aud worked tirelessly to master light and fluffy scones (a/k/a biscuits) to help us create delicious and perfect batches in our own kitchens!

I suppose everyone should know (if you do not already) that I am a Southern gal.  Biscuits are a Southern tradition so one would think a Southern gal could make them.  That is not always the case and certainly is not when the Southern gal is me.  I can make yeast breads all day long.  My biscuits are described by my husband as "hockey pucks".  I would be offended if he were not merely giving an accurate description.

That is one reason I put off this challenge.  I did not know at the time that other things would come up at the end of the month.  All things combined I found myself well past the reveal date and the biscuits still not attempted.  The ingredients and steps were simple enough.  I mixed the dough, rolled it out a bit, and cut it into pieces.  I put it in the oven all the while expecting more hockey pucks. 

What did I get????
?
?
?
?
?
?






I got actual fluffy biscuits!  I do not know who was more surprised - me or my husband.  If this is what I got from a first try of the recipe, I will certainly make them again.  I might actually be able to hold onto my title of Southern gal after all.  Thank you, Audax, for a wonderful challenge!

3 comments:

Renata said...

They do look gorgeous and fluffy! I agree with you, this recipe is a keeper!

Rhonda said...

they look delicous!

Audax said...

Your scones look so perfect and excellent job on this challenge and yes if this is your first batch want are the others to be like!!! Cheers from Audax Sydney Australia.