Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 Goal - Try New Recipes: #1 Fudge

I am a collector of recipes.  One of my goals for this year is to actually make the recipes that I have saved.  Over the weekend I went through all of the online recipes I had been saving and assigned a month to each.  I might do some shuffling of months, but I intend to try each recipe.  I did delete quite a few that I thought I would no longer be interested in making. 

I selected four recipes to try for January and I made the first one yesterday.  I had saved this particular fudge recipe for the title - No Fail Peanut Butter Cocoa Fudge.  Fudge and I do not have a good history so the "No Fail" part of the title was especially interesting. 

 
 

The fudge turned out lovely.  I am in the middle of a pantry challenge but had all of the ingredients.  I used mostly creamy peanut butter since I had a cup that needed to be used.  Once cut I immediately put half of the fudge in the freezer.  Otherwise I felt certain W would eat the entire pan in a day or two.  It really is delicious.

This recipe is a definite success and will be printed for my recipe book.  The recipe book is also getting a makeover this year.  I expect to be adding some recipes and probably even removing a few.  If you are looking for a good and easy fudge recipe, I highly recommend this No Fail Peanut Butter Cocoa Fudge from The Finer Things in Life.

No comments: