Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wrapping Up the Pantry Challenge

I ended up breaking my pantry challenge $20 a week grocery budget guideline.  Save-a-Lot had a coupon for $5 off $25, and I was in need of butter.  I also picked up a lettuce and some cream cheese.  My jalapeno plants are still producing so I wanted to make more poppers for the freezer.  While I was in town I decided to pick up some additional groceries so I would not need to go back later this week.  I used some coupons to take advantage of sales.  I stocked up a bit on cereal and some snacks for W's lunch and at home.  I ended up spending my usual $50 a week. 

I am planning to continue the pantry challenge on a more limited basis in February.  I may take advantage of some sales but will still focus on using what I have.  Overall I am pleased with how the challenge went. 

I will be back tomorrow with some regular posts. 

No comments: