Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pantry Challenge - End of Week & Weekend Plan

The end of the week went well for the pantry challenge.  Thursday for lunch we had leftovers.  After lunch I made two pie crusts, mixed up some trail mix and sliced up some apples.  I really want to eat healthier and am trying to make "better for me" snacks as easy to grab as the bad for me snacks.  For supper I used the pie crusts and pre-made filling from the freezer to make a turkey pot pie.  The weather was cold and damp so the warm pot pie was perfect.


Yesterday's lunch was potato cheese soup from the freezer and pork tenderloin sandwiches.  Last night we finished the pot pie.  It was just as good warmed over.  I am fortunate to have a husband who does not mind leftovers.

Weekend meals are the usual light and at the last minute meals since I never know if W will want to eat or not.  I will grab a snacky lunch or have a homemade frozen meal.  W has grits, popcorn, almonds, tangerines, bananas, and cookie bars in his lunch this weekend.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

That pot pie looks delicious!!!