Monday, April 24, 2017

2017 Goals Update Week 17

1.  Completely Finish the New House and Update Property
Last week we started on a couple of projects.  W began building a coffee table made from an old door in our previous house.  We still have to decide what color to paint the sides and if we want to paint the legs or leave them as they are.


I painted a storage cabinet that he bought for my craft room.  I wanted to keep the industrial look and chose to go with flat gray and blue as the main colors.  I ordered some new card holders for the front and will paint them white.  W is going to build a small base to lift it slightly off the floor.  This will allow me to get rid of some plastic storage bins and make my craft room look better.


2.  Plan ahead for Birthday and Holiday Gifts
Not only did I order the birthday and weddings gifts last week, I also ordered a baby shower gift.  Next up is saving for graduation gifts next month.  

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I harvested and dried more chamomile this past week.  I also finished the planting and weeding tasks from last week.  I will probably dry more chamomile and maybe some mint this week.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I finished the French bread class.  The other lessons were good, but I most wanted to learn to make baguettes.  I started a class on succulents.  I finished two lessons and have already gotten some very helpful information.  I am looking forward to creating a few succulent arrangements.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
Wash cloths... I finished some but not five. Hopefully this week will be more productive.

6.  Boost Savings
We were repaid some money we loaned a family member which gave our savings account a nice boost.  I was happy to have a bit of extra money to put toward the credit card debt.  It is great to see that continue to drop.

No comments: