Sunday, April 9, 2017

Weekend Book Review: Good Veg

Good Veg by Alice Hart is described as a modern vegetarian cookbook.  My family is not vegetarian although I do like to serve a vegetarian meal from time to time.  I was hoping this book would give me some good ideas.  While there are good meal ideas, I do not feel it is good for picky or less adventurous eaters.  I should also remind you that I live in a rural area so finding many of the ingredients is not cost effective.  That and the length of some ingredient lists were negatives for me.

I did find some recipes and helpful tips throughout the book.  I loved the Hibiscus Honey Tea.  The tips for making sweet potato fries that are not soggy were excellent.  The Four Essential Dressings were great and offered something for everyone.

While the book has good and not so good points, it was simply not what I needed.  My family is too picky for me to make much from this cookbook.  I would recommend that you preview it and make your own decision!

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: