Thursday, April 13, 2017

52 New Recipes Week 15: Korean Beef

I found this recipe on Pinterest and saved it since it looked like a good way to use up ground beef.  I had mushrooms and zucchini in the refrigerator to use up.  I also loved the fact that it was a quick meal.  I followed the recipe as written but did use the sweet chili sauce substitution.  The recipe was so good that I will be looking for the sweet chili sauce when I make it again.

I did follow the blog's suggestion of adding mushrooms.  W requested a few more veggies next time. The food processor chopped them up perfectly and quickly.


I served it over rice cooked in the rice cooker - another of my favorite time savers.  I love that I can just set the rice cooker and forget it.  The flavors were good, but I think the actual sweet chili sauce will make it perfect.  W and I both agreed that this should be a regular menu addition.

No comments: