Monday, April 3, 2017

2017 Goals Week 14

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
I am excited that we are getting some of the small things done.  This past week we braced up the aquarium cabinet.  The 80 gallon aquarium had sagged a bit due to the weight of the extra thick glass, water and gravel.  I was very, very nervous about this.  I kept imagining the aquarium cracking and water going everywhere.  Our aquarium is partially inside the wall which would have resulted in major damage.  All went well though.  The aquarium is no longer leaning, and the cabinet has extra bracing.


W also finished the cover for the water manifold.  We needed something that provided easy access and did not want just a door.  This frame was at W's parents old house.  I cleaned it up and painted it.  He used some scrap wood which he painted with chalkboard paint to go inside it.  It turned out great and only cost $10 (paint).

This week our plans are to work on the entertainment cabinet doors and possibly the doors for the aquarium cabinet which is actually a large built in.

2.   Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I have chosen a few items for the wedding shower.  I think I will crochet some dish cloths with cotton yarn I already have as an add in.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
All of the raised beds are weeded.  I have a good bit of garden pea seeds saved for next year's planting.  The forecast was warm enough that I planted the seedlings I had in the greenhouse and the pepper plants I bought.  More on the garden in Wednesday's garden post.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I am still on the French bread class.  I am baking more loaves today and will have one lesson left for next week.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
Nothing going on with this goal until after Easter.  I am continuing to work on the wash cloths though.

6.  Boost Savings
This goal was hit or miss for the past week.  I did not buy unnecessary items but we did do some spending.  I needed stuff for an Easter egg hunt.  I will share that tomorrow.  I had to have a battery for my car.  Life happens sometimes.  I made a menu plan for April.  I tried to focus on using items we have on hand to keep my grocery spending low.

No comments: