Wednesday, April 5, 2017

In the Garden

I was so busy in the garden last week that I never got around to taking pictures to share.  I have all of the raised beds weeded.  The newest bed is filled, and the chickens have done an excellent job of mixing all of the dirt/manure for me.

We had a nice shower of rain earlier in the week.  I have no idea what it is about rain water, but plants simply grow better after a good rain.  First up the catnip.  It is beginning to fill the cage.  The cats have already been visiting.



The eggplants have really grown.  I have one that sprouted back out from last year and one my aunt gave me.


One section of my herb garden - sages, oregano, garlic chives, and thyme.


The bee balm has grown like crazy over the past two weeks.  


Pepper plants - I got a bit carried away with different varieties.  I have red, yellow, and green bell, jalapeno, banana, cubanelle, fish, and lunchbox.  I still need to get poblano pepper plants.



I planted tomato plants in with the kale.  They are nearly the same size now, but the tomato plants will soon outgrow the kale.


The cucumber seeds I planted last week have sprouted.  I love to see the little seedlings pop up out of the ground.


How are things growing in your garden?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are able to plant things much, much earlier than I am, but I was delighted to get my cool weather things planted yesterday. I got cabbage, broccoli, carrots, beets, green, red and Walla Walla onions, chard, spinach, and lettuce and snow peas.

I've also been able to work in the flowerbeds and am getting an herb garden going. It's a great time of year!
Becky