Friday, September 21, 2018

Frugal Friday & Living Room Update

This week I sewed more pillow covers for Toby. I used fabric that W got for free.  He came across someone throwing out some items and asked if he could have them.  One was a tote full of various fabrics.  I will have no problem getting six covers made.


We did a variety of home projects and spent nothing.  We used up some items we had previously purchased.  W also used materials from our old house.  I share some of those below in the living room update.


I listed some items we had decluttered on eBay.  Most were books or video games we had bought and read/played. 


I made invitations for a bridal shower I am helping with next month.  I used materials I had in my craft room so I only spent time on them.


I shopped a 75% off Schoola sale and purchased some nice children's jackets to donate to my church's clothing drive.  I also took advantage of a clearance sale at Dollar General to get three pair of shoes to donate. 


Last week we worked on finishing projects in the living room.  First on the list was the dog cave.  At the end of the aquarium cabinet is a opening for Toby's bed.  He does sleep in there at times.  W build an opening which helps finish it off. 




He also used an old door from our old house to build a coffee table and end table.  The trim is made from boards from the old house as well.




Originally he had build a stand for Agatha's tank, but he was never happy with how it looked.  Instead he painted the original stand. 




That wrapped up the last of the projects for the living room.  This week we have been working on the foyer and hallway.  I feel like we are on track to finish everything by Thanksgiving.  I love seeing all of the little things done.

2 comments:

terricheney said...

Is Agatha the Tarantula? I love all the work you all did! It's looking lovely.

Dawn said...

Agatha is the tarantula. She has molted twice since we got her and is growing well.