Sunday, September 9, 2018

Weekend Book Review

The Taco Tuesday Cookbook by Laura Fuentes offers 52 taco recipes.  I love that there are varying degrees of difficulty for the recipes.  A few provide short cuts for days when time is limited.  The restaurant-style salsa is great for winter as it uses canned tomatoes rather than fresh.  The pulled pork tacos and siracha chicken tacos are at the top of my list.  I also like some of the extras such as watermelon aqua fresca and siracha lime dressing.  If your family enjoys tacos, this cookbook can help you add variety to your menus!

Olivia Hopps' The Edible Cookie Dough Cookbook is easily my favorite cookbook of the year.  The recipes are quick to make using basic ingredients for the most part.  The method for heat treating the flour uses a microwave to keep things simple.  I marked several recipes to try out but made the snickerdoodle cookie dough first.  It was delicious with just the right amount of sweetness.  The recipe made enough dough to fill a 23 oz container.  Most of the finished doughs can be kept on the counter with options for the refrigerator and freezer for long term storage.  If you have a cookie dough fan in your house, you need this cookbook!

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: