Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Yard Work

Last week was our week to focus on the yard.  We still have several projects remaining, but we managed to cross some things off the to do list.  I completed the two flower beds that I mentioned in my Frugal Friday post.


W took some time to pressure wash the deck, kitchen steps, and the front porch.  Everything looks nice and fresh now.



We also got the old storage building emptied and moved.  We had gotten a new-to-us garden shed late last year.  The old one was moved to the back of the property for use as a feed and chicken cage storage area.  We still have to clean up the area where it was, but the front part of the yard already looks more open.


We also discovered what happened to most of Rebecca's eggs.  Our turkey was robbed by wharf rat.  Hopefully with the rat's home gone, it has moved on as well.



Finally we cleaned part of the area at the back of the chicken house and the entrance to the rabbit house.  I have three sizes of pots for water.  The turkeys, bantam chickens, and some baby chicks all come to this area for water.  I like to have something available for all of them.  I added a small turtle decoration just for fun.



This week we are working on the living room.  I made a list of projects and chores to keep us on track.  Check back next week for the update.

No comments: