Monday, September 3, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 35

1.  Disaster Preparedness
I could not get into the week 35 goal of carbs.  I do keep rice, pasta, etc on hand.  Since I am really only focused on short term emergencies rather than 20+ year disasters I feel okay.


2.  Makeover the Garden
The garden needs mowing again.  This week I am busy in other parts of the yard so the garden is taking a back seat.  I am planning out my fall garden and will work on that next week.


3.   Organize Recipes
This is going to be a cold weather project.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I have 10 of these knocked out and plan to add another one this week.  I have no plans to go to the grocery store at all this week.


5.  Focus on Saving
I feel like September is not the month for savings.  I have been buying patterns and materials to stock my Etsy shop.  The patterns are an investment since I can use them over and over.  I have also been choosing patterns that are in a variety of sizes or can be adjusted to different sizes.  I still have a bunch on my wish list but for now I have plenty to keep me busy making samples. 


Second we are determined to finish the inside the house projects.  Most of these are minor but will require some spending.  It is best to just buy the items and get it all done.


6. Etsy Shop
I spent a morning last week adding a few items to my Etsy shop:  Chick-a-D Designs.  I am working each day to crochet an item to add. Hopefully by the end of this month I will have a well stocked shop.  I also want to set up a Facebook group page later this month.  I am starting with crochet kitchen items, baby photo props, and hats/gloves.  I have plans to add other items as I build my shop.


No comments: