Friday, September 14, 2018

Frugal Friday

We needed one more gallon of paint to finish a project in the kitchen and do some touch up painting.  Sherwin Williams had a sale ending earlier this week so we went on the last day to take advantage.  We will not start the painting for another week or two, but I wanted to buy the paint while we could get a discount.


I added a couple of containers of taco seasoned meat to the freezer.  I might reach W's goal of a month of freezer meals with little grocery shopping.  It took about as long to make an extra big batch of taco meat as a regular one.


We did some projects in the living room using materials and supplies we already had on hand.  I will share pictures next week.  Now that W has more free time we are determined to finish all those little things that never quite got done on the new house.    We are off to a good start.


The batteries in our heating/air conditioner temperature control went out.  I was happy that they lasted nearly two years.  We replaced them with rechargeable batteries.  The unit gives a low battery warning, and I always keep a supply of batteries charged. 


W has started tearing down our old house.  I asked him to pile up any trash in one area so I can dispose of it.  Yesterday evening I took time to fill our trashcan as full as possible with the trash.  We pay a set amount each month so it makes sense to take advantage of it.







No comments: