Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 38

I am so behind this week.  It is mainly due to working on other projects.  I do plan to share our work in the hallway tomorrow and hopefully get back on track.


1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 38 was communication.  We do have hand crank radios.  The batteries on our MP3 players stay charged for many hours and the radio on these picks up well.  Since the fire station is very near our home, I feel okay with this prep. 


2.  Makeover the Garden
I have my raised beds and several containers cleaned out, but it is just too hot to think about planting any fall crops.  Our highs are still in the 90s, and rain is scarce.  At this point it will be October before I do anything.  In the meantime W is working on plans for a hydroponics system in our greenhouse.  He bartered for some large containers to get started.  I will share more on that as he gets it up and running.


3.  Organize Recipes
I have been too busy with other things to work on this.  I am saving it for a cold winter day - if we ever get one.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I had planned to go to the grocery store last week, but we ended up making do with what we had.  That brings my total to 12.  I will definitely have at least one in October.  Next week will be my big shop for the month of October.


5.  Focus on Saving
I am continuing to work on the various earning websites.  I am currently working to get gift cards to purchase pavers for our patio area.  We found some that we like which are 75% off.  I will not be able to pay for all of them with gift cards, but I can put a dent in the price.  At that price we are willing to pay the extra as we will save much more than if we purchased at the regular price.


6.  Etsy Shop
I need to find a day to list everything I have made.  I have a box full of items to list and am continuing to work on more. 



No comments: