Saturday, September 19, 2015

Book Review: Dangerously Dark

One of my favorite types of books is cozy mysteries.  I find them interesting but relaxing at the same time.  A cozy mystery is the perfect bedtime book except for the fact that some are so good I have a hard time putting them down.  Dangerously Dark by Colette London is one of those books.  I was hooked from page one.  The main character, Hayden Mundy Moore, drew me into the story.  The pace was fast and seemed a bit choppy, but it worked.  The theme of the book was chocolate, and the descriptions in the book had me reaching for a cup of hot cocoa.

Once I finished the book I realized that it was not the first in the series.  The book stood on its own.  I was never lost regarding the plot.  The characters were well introduced and were interesting.  I did guess who the killer was, but the fun was in reading to the end to find out if I was correct.

The book concluded with several recipes.  Many times the recipes in food themed cozy mysteries are a bit too "out there" for me to even consider trying.  That was not the case with Dangerously Dark.  I have the "Now Now Now Chocolate Sugar Toast" at the top of my to try list.

Dangerously Dark will be released on September 29.  It is available for pre-order from Amazon.

disclosure:  I received this e-book through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: