Friday, September 18, 2015

Book Review: Treat



Treat by Stephanie Banyas is a small book full of tasty recipes.  It elevates the simple rice cereal treat to a new level while keeping the simplicity of the preparation the same.  The book begins with recipes for homemade marshmallows.  Since candy thermometers and myself are arch enemies, I skipped over this part. Nearly all of the recipes build upon the basic rice cereal treat recipe.  I made the salted caramel treats and the peanut butter cup treats and shared them with several people.  I received nothing but positive comments.

The size of the book is smaller than normal books but is the perfect size for this book.  The recipes do not have dozens of ingredients, and the instructions are four to five steps in length.  The book easily lies flat when opened to a recipe so I was not constantly trying to prop it open.  While not all of the recipes are accompanied by photographs, Treat has a variety of bright and fun pictures throughout.

I love that the treats are fancy enough to share at a potluck or church dinner but have flavors that will appeal to most people.  I often find myself looking for an easy to prepare sweet treat and can see myself turning to this book time and time again.

disclosure:  I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: