Saturday, September 12, 2015

Book Review: Gorgeous for Good

Gorgeous for Good has been on my reading list since I saw author Sophie Uliano discussing it on a news show.  I loved the idea of a natural approach to beauty.  Even better was the fact that it was not an all or nothing natural product book.

First are the things I loved:  The book never made me feel like I was a horrible person for not following a strict set of rules.  This alone kept me reading.  I was happy to consider making changes to my lifestyle...the main one being skin care. In the days after I finished reading, I found myself being more mindful of how I treated my skin as well as what I ate.  Gorgeous for Good gave me the little push I needed to take better care of me!

I did not really have things I considered negatives.  I will call them things to consider.  The first two-thirds of the book had a large amount of information.  It can feel a bit overwhelming.  I know it is not possible to remember everything, but the book will serve as a good reference.  The 30 day program was not discussed until nearly two-thirds of the way into the book.  One downside for me was the amount of changes made all at once.  I know some people could jump into all of the changes with no problem.  I prefer starting small and building gradually.

I cannot see myself making all of the changes suggested in this book.  Even small changes can have a positive effect and Gorgeous for Good inspires those.

disclosure:  I received this e-book through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!


No comments: