Friday, May 25, 2018

Five Frugal Things

Happy Friday, everyone!  No big plans here for the holiday weekend with more rain expected.  I need to do some freezer cooking and start working on June's menu.  I hope everyone has a great day and a fun and safe weekend!


Now on to this week's frugal doings......
  1. W and I took a road trip, and we were gone for most of the day.  We split an order of fries and a drink to go with our cheeseburgers.  We both had plenty to eat and stayed within our budget.  While we were out and about, I found another small item to add to my secret sister gift stash.
  2. The rain kept the temperatures cooler here which is good for the electric bill.  I am not sure how long it will last, but we are enjoying it while we can.
  3. While W was cleaning an area of the yard, he found four fig limbs that had rooted giving us four more fig trees.  We put three into pots and one into the ground in our new fruit orchard.  I realized that we have 15 fruit trees planted in our little orchard spot and all were free. 
  4. We ate squash, strawberries, and lettuce from the garden. 
  5. I used some random vegetables from the refrigerator to make a quiche one night. 


1 comment:

terricheney said...

Quiche has been the subject here a lot over the past week. I'd found some good recipes for it and mentioned how much I like it. Well so does everyone else in the house, except John...I think we're going to have to have quiche one night while he's working!