Friday, May 4, 2018

Frugal Friday: Five Frugal Things

1.  A field near my house was being plowed right after I hung out a load of dish towels, hand towels, etc.  I was going to get them in and hang them out again.  Instead I just hung them on drying racks in the house.  I was happy to find that everything fit.  That is good to know for when the weather gets too cold or is rainy.


2.  W and I combined our separate errands into one trip into town this week.  Fortunately I had taken my e-reader with me as one of his errands took longer than mine.  We also talked with a financial planner at our bank to discuss a few things for our new normal life.


3.  I baked bread and cooked dried chickpeas.  Neither is terribly labor intensive but saves money.


4.  I picked lettuce and strawberries from my parents' garden.  I transplanted some jalapeno pepper plants from one area of my garden into the new one.


5.  I continued to take advantage of my Craftsy Unlimited trial.  I learned some new crocheting techniques, how to make cake pops, and how to make bagels.



2 comments:

terricheney said...

When my house is mine once more, I mean to learn to make bagels. I am positive they will taste better than the store bought ones we get. I always have a puzzle book in the car to pass time when John is longer than he'd planned at an errand.

Out My window said...

Good job. I love hanging laundry outside.