Monday, May 28, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 21

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 21 was an emergency fuel supply.  We have this to a certain extent.  We do keep some extra gas on hand and try to not let the fuel in the vehicles get too low.  I would certainly never last 2-3 months, but I not a prepper.  I am just trying to get by.  I think in a "walking dead/zombie apocalypse" situation none of this would help too much.  I am not focusing on super awful disaster survival.


2.  Makeover the Garden
I moved some marigolds to other parts of the yard.  I also transplanted some tomatillos and mystery tomatoes into raised beds.  We are still getting rain almost every day.  This week I want to set up the last raised bed.  I am also temped to add a few more herbs to the garden.  I will have to decide before the free shipping offer at Seed Savers Exchange expires tonight.


3.  Organize Recipes
Nothing done on this goal.  I spent too much time in the garden again.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I skipped shopping this past week bringing my total up to 5 no spend grocery weeks.  I am hoping to get a couple of these in during June.  My plans are still to shop only twice per month.


5.  Focus on Saving
One of my big savings this week was to fill my garden with plants flowers from other parts of the yard.  I have piles and piles of marigolds so I am using those around the chicken house and pheasant/turkey pens.  As soon as I set out the plants, I started seeing pollinators visiting them.  Since we have garden plants and fruit trees scattered all over the yard, pollinators are a great thing.  More pollinators translates into more and healthier produce.


6.  Etsy Store
This past week I researched what I needed to do as far as collecting sales tax.  Can I just say it all makes my head spin slightly?  Ugh!  I think I have it figured out, but I need to do a few more things before I can actually get my shop up and running.


Cheryl asked how my husband's job hunt is going.  He has applied to several places and has had one interview.  We are doing okay money-wise for now.  Not having a mortgage, car payment, satellite bill, etc has certainly freed us up to be patient.  We are still praying that the right thing will open up - whatever that may be.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for answering. Hopefully something will open up soon for him. Cheryl