Sunday, May 27, 2018

Weekend Book Reviews

Defeating Dementia by Richard Furman, MD, is an insightful look into the connection between Alzheimer's and artery health.  The book explains dementia and the stages of Alzheimer's.  It focuses on five risk factors, and changes that can be made now.  The book is a mix of medical information and the journey of an Alzheimer's patient.  While there is no cure for Alzheimer's, Defeating Dementia does offer hope.  This book offers encouragement to families dealing with the disease or hoping to prevent it.  The ending of the book brought back memories of my own grandmother and had me in tears.  It did make me optimistic for the future.


Coach Wooden's Forgotten Teams by Pat Williams and Jim Denney is all about John Wooden's summer basketball camps.  I am a huge college basketball fan and have a great respect for Coach John Wooden.  I completely enjoyed this book. The life advice (not just what relates to basketball) is inspiring.  It was great to read that he was the same with young campers as he was with UCLA players.  I think the current college basketball culture would do well to draw from the wisdom of Coach Wooden.




disclosure:  I received these books from Revell but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: