Friday, May 18, 2018

Frugal Doings

This covers a couple of weeks since I missed posting last Friday.

*I called to get Toby some flea medicine from the vet.  I learned that they were offering a free dose which meant that Toby is flea free for free.

*I made infused water with strawberries and mint from the garden.

*I planned laundry around the incoming rain.  I saved up everything that would dry easily on the drying racks inside to wash on the days with the most chances of rain. 

*I opted to use marigolds, which I have piles of, to plant in the large planters on my front porch.  Buying new flowers was tempting, but these were free.  They will also hold up well to the heat.

*I picked strawberries, lettuce, and squash from the garden this week. We also ate some blackberries and raspberries in passing.

*I reused some envelopes to mail off some items that I sold on eBay.

*W has been building a turkey pen using items we already have.  He should be able to complete it for nothing out of pocket.

*I picked up a few clearance items over the past two weeks.  One was a nice light jacket for W.  I also got a few things to donate and picked up a few things for gifts. 

*I signed up for a couple more free magazines. 

*I transplanted some tomato plants to other parts of the garden.  I took advantage of the rain softening the dirt to pull weeds.  It took time but was cheaper than buying and spraying chemicals.

2 comments:

terricheney said...

I seriously wish I could bring my drying rack indoors to use this week. Isaac however, does not like things 'hanging around'. He snatches them OFF and tosses them to the ground. He's done it with the dishtowel at the sink, the hot pads at the stove and any items John has almost but not quite dried and dares to drape over the back of a chair. Isaac is absolutely certain that his job as resident one year old is to insure nothing hangs within his reach...and that he must climb every place that he oughtn't and open every cupboard door to inspect the contents personally.

Dawn said...

Terri, I have to close the door to the laundry room where I put the drying racks. It sounds like Isaac and my beagle Toby have something in common. Toby will pull off any piece of laundry from the drying racks. He especially loves socks and dishtowels. Thankfully he leaves the laundry on the line in the yard untouched.