Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Turkeys

I was hesitant to add turkeys to our little homestead, but now I would fight you over one of them.  Warren bought a royal palm male last year.  While Whitey still does not have his tail feathers, he thinks he looks fabulous.


I kept hearing over and over how turkeys were dumb, but I think it is the people dealing with the turkeys who had the problem.  Both Whitey and our other tom, Frank, like for us to talk to them.  If we do not greet them, they will gobble at us until we say hello.

Last week we were finally able to find a royal palm girl.  W named her Wanda.  She is much more talkative than our other girl, Jane, who was sadly killed by a large fox earlier this month.  Hopefully by next year we will have some royal palm babies.


We do have some eastern turkey babies from Frank and Jane.  They should be on the ground next week so I can share them with you!

No comments: