Thursday, May 31, 2018

Turkeys and Chicks

Last week we got our shipment of baby chicks.  We ordered them a couple of months ago and chose a shipment date.  The chicks were shipped through USPS.  I called our local post office the week before to give them a heads up and leave phone numbers.  The post office called us the morning the chicks arrived so we could go straight to pick them up.  Baby chicks are able to survive without food or water for about three days.  It is always best to get them both as soon as possible though.



We ordered mille fleur (W's choice) and Polish (my choice).  The Polish is front and center in the second picture with the cute little puff on top of her head.





Our baby turkeys are growing and doing very well.  They love the roost and late in the evening all six bunch of close together.  It is still too early to tell the boys from the girls. 

1 comment:

Helena said...

I must admit I think I'm shocked they ship them like that!! I don't know how I imagined it, but perhaps that you drive to collect them or something. It sounds strange they put live animals in a box... without anyone checking constantly they are ok. I even panic when I have ordered a plant by post. They look lovely though!!