Friday, June 1, 2018

Frugal Friday

As I mentioned in Wednesday's garden post I transplanted marigolds from the garden down one side of the pheasant/turkey pens.  I hated to just throw away the plants and had given away all I could.  If even part of the transplants self-seed, I will have an ongoing supply. 


We picked over my in-laws' garden while they were out of town for a few days.  I left the squash in their refrigerator as we have more than enough for ourselves.  We did bring home a few blueberries and blackberries.  We ate squash, zucchini, lettuce, and raspberries from our own yard.


I received an email offering me a free two month subscription to Shudder on Roku.  I signed up and immediately cancelled so I would not forget.  The channel is open until the trial expires.


I took advantage of a free shipping offer to order three packages of herb seeds.  Before I ordered I priced around to make sure I was getting a good deal.  I ordered lamb's ear, which I have not found elsewhere, as well as lemon basil and calendula. 


I needed some snacks to have on hand and did not want to buy anything this week.  I had a small block of melting chocolate and plenty of individually bagged pretzels (bought when W was working).  I covered the pretzels in the chocolate for a tasty snack with no extra money spent.  We have also been snacking on popcorn popped in the microwave using this.  The popcorn pops quickly with none of the packaged microwave popcorn additives.

No comments: