Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Meals for Week of June 5

I realize starting my week on a Tuesday is strange, but this is my errand day so it helps to start then.  We did a big grocery shop on Tuesday, and I spent $90 (or really close to it).  W was a bit panicked since we rarely spent this much at once.  I reminded him that it was the bulk of our purchases for the entire month.  I still have $48 in my grocery budget.  This includes some money left from last month.


Here is what we ate this past week:


Tuesday, June 5
Dinner (aka Lunch):  chicken sandwiches on homemade buns and chips
Supper:  Omelets (eggs from our chickens, veggies from the garden and refrigerator)


Wednesday, June 6
Dinner:  I honestly cannot remember
Supper: Dressed up frozen pizza (we added some items from the fridge to a cheese pizza)


Thursday, June 7
Dinner:  Ham Sandwiches and chips
Supper:  Banana Sandwiches and chips


Friday, June 8
Dinner:  Baked chicken legs, roasted veggies from the garden (green beans, potatoes, squash), and cucumber salad
Supper:  Sandwiches (used up extra ham and banana)


Saturday, June 9
Dinner:  Leftover chicken and roasted veggies with macaroni and cheese and tomatoes
Supper:  Boiled corn and tomatoes


Sunday, June 10
Dinner:  Ate with my parents - I provided dessert:  frozen yogurt
Supper:  W had cereal, and I had a snack plate of cheese, pepperoni, crackers, and cucumber


Monday, June 11
Dinner:  Sandwiches:  Pineapple for me and Tomato for W
Supper: Deer steak and roasted vegetables (potatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, green beans, and eggplant) plus cucumber salad for me


This time of year our menu tends to be heavy on sandwiches and vegetables.  Sandwiches are easy and lighter when it is hot.  Vegetables are on the menu since we eat what is ready from the garden. 

No comments: