Monday, June 11, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 23

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 23 brought the focus back to security.  Our home is secure enough although I secretly want storm shutters.  I just think they would be a nice addition after last year's hurricane. 


2.  Makeover the Garden
Now that the main areas of the garden are planted, I turned the focus to a reading area for me.  I want to get a nicer chair for sitting.  I did add in some plant stands and pots with either flowers or flower seeds.  I am also starting on a butterfly area.  I am still in the planning stage on this for the most part.  I expect it will take a couple of years to get it all done like I want it.


3.  Organize Recipes
I spent a good hour working on cleaning up my Pinterest recipe boards.  I deleted a bunch that either did not think I would ever cook.  I moved some favorites and deleted some that were not hits.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
This past week was our big monthly grocery shopping trip.  I am planning to skip the grocery shopping this week.  The garden is starting to produce more so more of our meals are focused on what we picked that day.


5.  Focus on Saving
I did all of our shopping at a grocery store that is somewhat similar to Aldi. Oh how I wish we had one of those here.  I am making the best of what we have.  Most of my saving is our focus on eating out of the garden.  My meal plan will easily stretch the extra 10 days into July.  I do have two family reunions this month.  My goal is to use what I have on hand to contribute food items.


6.  Etsy Store
I am planning to open the stationery side this week.  I am working on crochet items to stock part two of my store.  I know it will be slightly easier once I have all of the items listed.  That can be a bit time consuming, but I am working to get them right (as much as possible) the first time.

No comments: