Monday, June 4, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 22

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 22 is the second part of the hardware list.  Between building a house and years of home repairs, we are good with the hardware list.  Even before we were without regular jobs, we focused on doing our own repairs.  This was an easy week to check off!


2.  Makeover the Garden
This week I moved more marigolds which allowed me to move some more tomatoes.  At this point I am pretty much sticking them anywhere I have some free space.  I have a couple of spots, but I want to put calendula there so I am holding off on the temptation to put tomatoes in that spot.  Due to last week's rain I did not get the last raised bed filled, but that is on my list for this week.


3.  Organize Recipes
I am determined to schedule an hour this week to work on this goal.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
It was touch and go on this goal last week.  We needed mayonnaise, and mayonnaise was on sale at a local grocery store.  Then I remembered that I had reward points which made two jars of mayonnaise free!  I was able to knock another week off this goal bringing my total to 6!


5.  Focus on Saving
I am pretty sure that someone at Amazon is concerned about me.  I have almost given up on shopping.  I have definitely stopped all of the impulse shopping on items I "need" and buy need I mean want.  I am still doing a once a month subscribe and save order to take advantage of deals.  Now I am on the lookout for the best deal on things we really do need.


6.  Etsy Store
I should write an entire post on the saga of getting a sales tax number.  All of my internet research led me astray.  Then I spent almost two hours (most of it on hold) trying to get some help from people who actually work with the state tax department.  The sad part is that each person I talked to gave me different (and often incorrect) information.  I have no idea who they expect the average citizen to do everything correctly when the people at the help center have no clue what to do.  Thankfully I remembered we have a local agency and was able to talk with an agent that actually knew what I needed to do.  All that to say I will finally be able to open my Etsy store. 

No comments: