Friday, June 8, 2018

Five Frugal Things

1.  I found a couple of markdowns while out grocery shopping this week.  I got a good deal on sliced mushrooms and canned cream corn.  I will save the corn for later this year when I make Brunswick stew.


2.  My mom wanted one of her compost beds emptied so she could start putting items in it and allow the second bed to break down.  I filled up my last raised bed as well as several containers.  I could never have afforded to buy enough soil, and this dirt was excellent.  I added in rabbit manure to make it even better.


3.  We have done very little decorating in our new home.  It was a mix of finding things we liked that were affordable.  This week we found some clearance art canvases that matched our colors well.



4.  The rabbits and chickens ate some excess produce from my parents' and my aunt's garden.  It was either oversized squash or cucumbers.  Everything was bigger than we like to eat, but the farm animals happily ate it up.

5.  I wanted to order some yarn to make items to stock my Etsy store.  I had intended to buy from Joann since there was a free shipping offer.  I compared prices and found that I could get everything cheaper from Amazon.  Every bit of savings will help right now.

No comments: