Friday, June 15, 2018

Frugal Friday

I may put up a garden post later today.  It has rained between 6-7 inches here in the past week.  Today is partly sunny so hopefully I can wade through the weeds to get some photos.  Before that here are my frugal doings for the past week.


~We took Toby to the low cost clinic earlier this week to be fixed which is another reason I have not made it out to the garden.  It was less than half the cost at the veterinarian, and the staff is always wonderful and caring.  He did great and is recuperating at home. 


~We combined two other small errands on the way home from dropping Toby off at the clinic.  Since we were already in the area, it was not out of our way.


~We ate more squash, green beans, and zucchini from the garden. 


~I hung clothes inside to dry for the most part.  I did get a load nearly dry outside before rain moved in yesterday.  I finished them off in the dryer for five minutes.


~I skipped the grocery stores this week.  I need to fix food for a family reunion, but I am cooking from what I have on hand.  I plan to make cookies, jalapeno popper deviled eggs, and rolls.


~I tutored for two hours this week.  It brings in a bit of extra money.


~We watched a free movie on Vudu.  I love that they offer free movies in addition to rentals.  Between Vudu and the Roku channel, we can usually find a movie or two to watch each week.  Combined with our Netflix subscription and Amazon Prime, we do not miss a costly satellite subscription.


Did you have a frugal week?

No comments: